Monday, August 30, 2010

Day 18 - Broken AC and 100 degrees

OK today is more about the racket that is air conditioning repair. David had a good day and enjoyed dancing to music after dinner tonight. But back to the real issue here. It is 100 degrees today and the AC in our house went out again. The capacitor popped and of course even though I know what I need I cannot just buy it locally because I am not a licensed HVAC contractor. That goodness for the internet so I can spend just a few dollars instead of having to pay someone for the part. I just have to wait for shipping. A $15 dollar part cost between $95 - $175 to be installed by a professional. Four wires and six screws for over $150 that is a rip off if you ask me. Fall will be here soon and that is better football weather anyway. College games start this weekend so I am looking forward to watching football. The heat is not helping my headache from the day in the office. The banging by David on a box after school did not help much either. What other industry do you feel is a racket?

No comments:

Post a Comment